The Silver Night.: Summer Homework

Thursday 18 November 2010

Summer Homework

Analysis of Sam Sparro-Black and Gold
This video is very concept based and relies mainly on the video going to the beat, they use the lighting from hey night sky to emphasize this, every beat the same piece of footage come onto the screen, this is a very good effect to work to and I like the idea a lot. Also on the beat they smash up various gold objects, this is one of my favourite shots as it is slowed down to show all the pieces shattering.





There is not a lot of performance throughout the video and mainly there is only one shot of him singing and this is a close up on his face. I like this as it makes the song more intense for the audience.





I really like the shot where they have filmed the traffic passing by and sped it up. This is a really good effect and if it links into my music video when I come to create it I will add it in. also it has been sped up to give a better effect.




Another good shot was when they filmed Sam Sparro from one side of his face and then just a plain background. I felt like this gave an edge of suspicion to the video.
With this being a concept video I would expect the target audience to be about the same as Florence and the machines although I think that the older end of the demographic will get the idea of the song more that the younger. I really like the idea of the concept but I don’t think I will be adding this into my song as I would prefer a narrative based video as I can do a lot more with it.

Sam Sparro Album Cover
The album cover links into the song very well. It has an element of the song black and gold in it by using the stretched colour as in the song where the traffic is passing by. The CD is very simplistic with just having the name of the artist and an image. The image relates to the song Black and Gold in many ways. It takes elements of the lyrics and adds them onto the cover ‘Stars fell out of the sky’ the night sky on the background of the image, this makes the connection between the songs on the CD and the actual CD.

Sam Sparro CD release advert
The advert also does the same as Florence and the Machines, it is very simplistic but gives all of the details that will be needed, also it uses the same image to promote the CD as is on the cover of the CD. This advert is only for the album release party but it still has the same qualities as the advert would have. I really like the idea of having two separate release adverts, one for the release party and another for the actual release of the CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment